There are so many great gifts for people this Christmas but here are my top 10 Fly Fishing Gifts for 2014:
#1 Fishpond’s Nomad Net -Everybody needs a great net that not only works great but also looks good. This is the best net and Fishpond is a terrific company to work with. I have nothing but great things to say about this company.
#2 Korkers Fishing boots- Every fly fisherman needs a great pair of boots to fish in. It keeps you comfortable, safe on slick surfaces, and helps you enjoy your day. There are many styles to choose from and I recommend any one that fits your budget. My favorite is the Devil’s Canyon with the BOA system.
This company is great to work with and has been great to work with. They treat you right and cares a lot about you the customer.
3. Titan Rod Vault – This has to be one of the best things I have purchased in my guiding career. It keeps your clients rods safe and yours. It makes it easy to jump from river to river without having to take apart and put together your rod.
Best thing is the owner is a great guy and that means a lot to me.
4. A Fly Fishing trip to Monster Lake Ranch- Every fly fishing man or woman loves to go fishing. Why not treat them to a day they will never forget filled with huge fish and lots of fun.
Monster Lake Ranch is known for huge fish, 10 lbs plus. The thing that makes this place even more special is the amazing people that run this ranch. You will feel right at home with the great hospitality you’ll receive on your fishing day or days on the ranch.
5. Fly Fishing Trip on the world famous Big Horn River in Montana.
This river is an amazing fishery. Your loved one will fall in love with this river and the many fish they will catch in a day with a great guide leading the way. I suggest booking your trip with The Big Horn Trout Shop in Fort Smith, Montana.
The Big Horn Trout shop is one of the first shops to be in Fort Smith and is also one of the best. They have people that come back every year to enjoy this place. Most of there guests are returning customers of over 15 years. You’ll feel more like a family member than just a customer when booking a trip with them.
6. Patagonia and their many products.
My favorite Patagonia product for fly fishing right now is the Men’s Long-Sleeve sun stretched shirt.
It looks great and it is great for fishing.
Patagonia is one of my favorite companies in the fishing industry. They are so personal and really care about their customers. For such a big company they do the best at making the customers and guides feel wanted and needed. I have had several messages from them thanking me for my support and that means a lot because I realize I’m just a little part of their business.
7. Hatch Reels – These Reels are the very best in the industry in my opinion. All reels have a sealed drag and work to perfection. Andrew from Hatch is great guy to work with and always treats you right. This company really cares about you and will treat you right. You’ll love your new hatch reel!
8. Rio Fly Lines - Rio Fly Lines are the very best fly lines in fly fishing today. They have you covered from trout fishing, to saltwater fishing, and all the way to speciality lines for bass and carp. Whatever your loved one needs, RIO will have a fly line for them.
Every product from them I recommend and I also believe in the company a lot. RIO is by far one of the best companies to work with. The experts at RIO will help you with your fly line purchase from the simplest question to the most technical.
9. Sage Fly Rods- I have been privileged to cast some of the best rods in the world and I always enjoy my Sage Rods the best. They feel perfect in my hand and I can get the fly exactly where I want it. These rods are pricey but they are the best.
My favorite rod is the Sage One but there are many others that I love and wouldn’t get rid of. The best thing about Sage is the lifetime warranty and the great customer service.
10. Loon Products - Loon has a little of everything. You will find plenty of stocking stuffers from this amazing company. All of my floatants, sinkents, powder, and tools come from Loon.
All their products work great and the company stands by all their products. They are awesome and I love all their products.
These are my 2014 top 10 fly fishing gifts for this Christmas season. I hope this helps you out in your search for your fly fishing loved ones. There are plenty of items out there that I didn’t mention but hopefully this gives you a great start. I like to recommend companies that truly care about you as a customer and also the guides and industry. I might of missed some great companies but it is hard to fit them all in. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact me.
Have a great day and don’t forget to support your local fly shops.
Do you need some more stocking stuff ideas??? Here are some great ones as well!
Goat Head Sole Spikes- They give you that added grip when you are on those slippery rocks. Plus the owner is one of the coolest guys around.
My friend Dave at Stripnflywear has some amazing shirts that every fly fishing nut will love. They have everything and some one of a kind designs!
Also a great company and terrific guy to support is Promont Outdoors. Your loved ones will love these shirts, hats and sweatshirts!
Flies from Big Horn Flies. Every fly fisherman loves getting flies and Big Horn Flies has some of the best flies for the money. Eric Beebe from Catch Fly Fishing knows how to make flies just taste better.